Welcome to Cape Cod Upholstery Shop
If you are looking for a furniture upholsterer on Cape Cod, Joe Gramm has been offering high-quality, custom furniture upholstery since 1984.
Cape Cod Upholstery Shop is located in the town of South Dennis, MA.
Specializing in residential furniture upholstery, window seat cushions, wicker and rattan cushions, outdoor cushions, throw pillows, Sunbrella and Crypton upholstery fabric, 2.6 high density foam with CertiPUR-US Certification, and most of all, free and helpful upholstery advice.
Cape Cod Upholstery Shop is a classic one-man upholstery shop. Small to medium sized furniture and cushion projects are preferred. I’m busy all year long, allow 2 to 8 weeks for completion of your work. Plan ahead | email me photos | pick out a fabric | get a quote | get on my schedule
Sunbrella and Crypton indoor and outdoor fabrics are excellent choices for your Cape Cod home and lifestyle. Both are considered to be Earth-friendly fabrics. Sunbrella is UV and fade resistant, mold and mildew resistant and bleach cleanable. Crypton resists moisture, resists stains and odors. If your Cape Cod home has sun, high humidity, kids, pets and guests, consider Sunbrella and Crypton performance fabrics – an investment in all your furniture upholstery and cushion projects.
In-House Services Include: Furniture Upholstery by an experienced upholsterer | Upholstery Fabric | Cushions and Window Seat Cushions | Throw Pillows | 2.6 High Density Foam | Foam Replacement | Rubber Webbing Replacement | Upholstery Supplies for sale to DIY Customers
Email Me photos of your work for a Free Estimate
See photos of my work in the Photo Gallery
Get a Quote from Cape Cod Upholstery Shop:
- Emailing me a photo of your upholstery and cushion project is the fastest way to get a free preliminary estimate.
- I provide you with a preliminary estimate based on your photos. A trip to your home may be needed to measure for fabric, check the condition of the furniture or take a template for cushions.
- Once a final quote is given based on labor, fabric, new supplies and sales tax, a deposit is collected and the work is put on my schedule.
Upholstering furniture at Cape Cod Upholstery Shop:
- The old fabric is removed and all repairs like gluing the frame, tying springs, replacing padding, cleaning exposed wood and many other details are done. Making sure the structural support of your upholstered furniture is in good shape, is an important step in the upholstery process.
- Next in the upholstery process is the fabric. The fabric is cut, sewn and upholstered to the furniture, making sure the fabric is on straight, the fabric is taut, and the patterns are matched.
- Furniture is delivered back to the customer. The customer is 100% satisfied because the job was done correctly from start to finish.
Cushions and throw pillows at Cape Cod Upholstery Shop:
- A template is made assuring the finished cushion will be a perfect fit.
- The cushions are cut and sewn paying special attention to pattern matching, the corners being square and the welting being straight.
- Cushion filling options are: the original cushion, new foam and dacron wrapped cushions, or a variety of custom options like solid down & feather cushions or envelope style cushions. Envelope style cushions have an envelope and a core. The envelope is filled with either down and feathers or premium loose polyester fill. The core is typically either a spring or foam core.
- Cushions are delivered back to the customer. The customer is 100% satisfied because the job was done correctly from start to finish.
Ask an Upholsterer Discussion Forum
If you are a DIY furniture upholsterer, go to my Ask an Upholsterer Discussion Forum and get free professional support, or advise for your upholstery project. Register and and become a member of the forum.
Collecting Massachusetts Sales Tax on Reupholstered Furniture
Paying Massachusetts sales tax on upholstery can be confusing. The Massachusetts Department of Revenue regulates upholstery as a Fabrication. The total invoice amount is taxed at 6.25%. Labor, supplies and fabric are taxable. Labor is taxable even if the customer supplies the fabric. Not Taxable are certain repairs, shipping, pickup and delivery.
Click Here to read the MA sales tax regulation for upholstery fabrication. Go to (3) Fabrication and (5e) Specific Applications.